I’m installing the TIBCO EMS Central Administration Server on my new Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 host now. First issue was to configure and start Apache:
[alert] getpwuid: couldn't determine user name from uid 4294967295, you probably need to modify the User directive
this error message was in the error_log file.
Found solution is to add new user and group into the system:
# groupadd www
# useradd -g www www
and into the httpd.conf file:
Hope this will be only one issue, I will post all of my installation steps in the next post.
TIBCO Enterprise Message Service 6.0 has been released in July 2010.
Some new features:
- mstore – new message store type, which designed for quick EMS recover after failover;
- new parameters for incoming message size, swapping and redelivery delay;
- cursoring through topics and queues lists in tibemsadmin tool;
- new startup script to quickly start with default configuration;
- host id and message size now included in message tracing;
- new methods in APIs for failover notification and message recovery.
This release requires database schema update when migrating database store from EMS version 5.x.
I decided to repost here full list from this article. Sandy, thank you!
- Spotfire 3.1
- BusinessEvents 4.0, with an improved Eclipse-based development environment including a rule debugger, and a multi-threaded engine
- BEViews (BusinessEvents Views) for creating real-time customizable dashboards for monitoring the high-speed events (as opposed to Spotfire, which can include data from a much broader context)
- ActiveSpaces Suite for in-memory processing, grid computing and events, with the new AS Transactions and AS Patterns components
- Silver Suite for cloud deployment, including Fabric, Grid and CAP (Composite Application Platform)
- PeopleForms, which I saw a brief view of yesterday: a lightweight, forms-based application development environment
- tibbr, their social microblogging platform; I think that they’re pushing too much of the social aspect here, when I think that their sweet spot is in being able to “follow” and receive messages/events from devices rather than people
- Silver Analytics
- ActiveMatrix 3.0, which is an expansion of the lightweight application development platform to make this more of an enterprise-ready
- ActiveMatrix BPM, which he called “the next generation of BPM within TIBCO” – I’ll have more on this after an in-depth briefing
- Silver BPM, the cloud-deployable version of BPM
- Design Collaborator, which is a web-based design discovery tool that will be available in 2011: this appears to be their version of an online process discovery tool, although with more of a services focus than just processes; seems late to be introducing this functionality to the market
Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to visit TUCON this year. Thanks to the Internet, which allows me to monitor events in real time, although this is difficult because of the time difference between Moscow and Las Vegas.
Here the list of my info sources for this great event:
There was a hope to try tibbr, but this thing for TUCON attendees only :(
The picture on the right is one of the many charts from the http://jobgraphs.com/tibco/ site. On the other graphs there we can see the requirement for specific experience and knowledge, but salary comparison chart speaks volumes :)
Anyway, I suppose that jobgraphs.com can be useful if you are looking for IT job or just estimate for example TIBCO direction as one of the career development ways.
When you choose a name for TIBCO domain or BusinessWorks application, please keep in mind that long names could become a big issue. In the future, you may encounter such a problem like this (it was on Windows 2003 NTFS disk):
Can not create/access pager directory [d:\tibco\tra\domain\tibcolb-inttra-com\application\TRCAdapter\working\tibcolb-inttra-com.tibcolb-inttra-com-TRCAdapter.TRC Adapter Processes2Epar\pager.TRCAdapter-TRC_Adapter_Processes-1\TRCAdapter\CoreObjects\SecuritiesTrade\Resubmit SecuritiesTrade.process]
As you can see, domain name and application name are repeated several times in the working folder path and definitely affect the length, which can exceed the file system limit. So, choose the names in TIBCO as short as possible.